Westbridge 3, Deeside
• We are looking for motivated, enthusiastic and ambitious 16 to 18 year old’s who have an interest in learning a trade.
• Initially, we are offering four weeks working with us at our Deeside site gaining an insight into the Upholstery trade and four weeks attending college learning many skills to help you enter the workplace. During this time, you will be paid £30.00 per week training allowance and help with travel costs by Coleg Cambria as part of the Welsh Government Traineeship scheme.
• If successful over the course of this eight week placement, you will be offered a 2-year apprenticeship.
• You will learn aspects of modern upholstery including Product Design, Development and Production Upholstery.
• You will work as part of a team and be provided with on-the-job training and support.
• You will develop skills and confidence to help you succeed in the in the workplace.
No formal qualifications are required, however, you must:
? Be 16 to 18 years old.
? Enjoy practical work involving Manual Handling. E.g. lifting.
? Have a good hand-eye co-ordination and excellent attention to detail.
? Work quickly and neatly.
? Be aware of your surroundings and conscious of health and safety.
? Have normal colour vision.
? Have basic Maths Skills for taking measurements.
? Be able to work as part of a team and without supervision.
Assistant Quality Administrator
Westbridge 3, Deeside
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the Quality Department for an experienced Administration Assistant.
Reporting to the Quality Manager, you will be maintaining the Quality Systems; reporting regularly on quality trends; liaising with suppliers to collate information for customer compliance information requests, (environment, ethical, safety, timber traceability).
The role will involve collecting samples from our warehouse.
To be successful, you will have solid experience in a similar role; be self-motivated; well organised; pay keen attention to detail and be able to work to tight deadlines. You will possess good communication skills; have strong Microsoft Office skills (particularly Excel) and some database knowledge would be desirable.
* Accurate and methodical with paperwork
* Ability to upload reports onto customer databses
* Good attention to detail
* Good organisational skills
Quality Team Leader
Westbridge 1, Deeside
Reporting to the Quality Manager, you will play an active role in maintaining and improving the quality standards to ensure that all despatched products meet the agreed specification.
This will involve:-
• Monitoring, recording and reporting on quality standards of all work in progress and finished products including providing photographic evidence;
• Working closely with factory management and production staff to maintain the focus on quality and to provide advice and support on resolving quality issues;
• Reviewing customer complaints and taking preventative action;
To be successful, you will:-
• Either have solid experience in a similar role or experience of the processes and procedures involved in the manufacture of our products.
• Be able to undertake manual handling related tasks in reviewing furniture.
• Possess excellent communication skills to provide instruction and information on quality related matters.
• Be self-motivated; well organised and be able to work to tight deadlines.
• Committed to achieving the targets of the Department whilst working safely and in full compliance with the Health & Safety requirements of the Department.
• Have keen attention to detail
Closing date: 18 November 2019
Westbridge 3, Deeside
Fabrication of foam components made ready for production using glue guns.
The successful candidate will: -
• Have a good level of numeracy.
• Be able to work on their own initiative.
• Have good communication skills.
• Have experience of using hand tools.
• Be production orientated.
• Be quality minded.
• Have a high degree of health and safety awareness.
• Possess good housekeeping standards.
If you have all of the above and more, then we would like to hear from you.
Closing date for applications: 01 November 2019
Westbridge Furniture, Greenfield and Deeside
Mill Machinists, Upholsterers, Frame Assemblers, Production Operatives, Sewing Machinists, Warehouse/Despatch Operatives
Location: Westbridge Furniture Designs, Deeside and Greenfield, Flintshire
Pay Scale: Commensurate with experience
Status: Permanent Position
As one of the largest manufacturers of furniture, we are seeking interest from individuals who wish to embark on a career with us to build a talent pool of potential future employees.
Who we are
Westbridge Furniture operates out of four UK production sites employing over 1300 people in the UK and our dedicated cut sew factory in Romania. We manufacture in excess of 10,000 pieces of upholstery per week.
We are very proud of our unique made to order manufacturing capabilities with our full product offer exceeding 150,000 different options.
We have a variety of roles and offer the opportunity to progress within the Company. Many of our managers have begun their careers at entry level and progressed to their current status.
What we want
We are looking for hardworking, reliable and committed individuals who wish to progress within our Company as we continue to expand our business.
What we offer
Competitive pay rates and an attractive range of employee benefits including:
• Free hot drinks.
• Discounted furniture purchase for you, friends and family payable at 0% interest.
• Company sick pay scheme after qualifying period.
• Christmas shut down.
• Attractive working hours with early finish on Friday.
• 32 days annual leave per annum.
If you have experience in any of our roles, we would love to hear from you.
Find out more about us by visiting our website. Westbridge Furniture Designs Ltd.
Can’t see the role you want? Register your details with us to be notified when we’re hiring!