FABRIC DESIGNER - MATERNITY COVER (12 MONTHS)
Westbridge 1, Deeside
To assist the Senior Fabric Designer in sourcing new fabric collections based on specific customer briefs and keep all fabric information up to date for the various departments within the business.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist Senior Fabric Designer in sourcing fabrics during supplier meetings held at Westbridge.
• Assist in putting fabric collections together, based upon specific customer briefs, helping create trend boards and fabric swatch boards to present to key customers.
• Help maintain customer fabric standstills and keep all fabric information up to date on the system.
• Liaise with customers and fabric suppliers to order fabrics samples and confirm fabric details.
• Assist with showroom set up for customer presentations, making scatter cushions, dressing room sets, and documenting samples.
• Liaise with Fab Tech team, reading fabric samples for testing.
• Assist development/production/sales teams to confirm any relevant fabric information they may need.
• Assist Senior Fabric Designer in keeping the sample room tidy and organised.
The successful candidate will:
• Be confident and creative, have a good eye for colour and have a passion for design, particularly textiles and Homeware.
• Have good organisational skills including being able to work quickly whilst maintaining attention to detail within a busy office/studio environment.
• Be able to work on their own initiative, or as part of a team, to deliver commercial fabric collections for key customers.
• Be well presented, friendly and reliable.
• Be educated to degree level, preferably in Textiles.
• At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role is preferable, but not essential.
Close Date: Friday 7th February 2020
Production Planner - maternity cover
Westbridge 2, Greenfield
Reporting to the Planning Manager and as a member of the Planning Team of 5 planners, the main focus of this role is to plan, control and coordinate production activities to ensure customer requirements are achieved on time.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:-
• Develops Production Plans that meet customer requirements and are in line with production capacity.
• Produces the weekly material order and production schedule for the Production Team.
• Maintains and updates M1 (Bespoke ERP System) with planning data.
• Responds to customer needs to Defer or Expedite order requests; revising the production plan/schedule (incl. materials) accordingly.
• Highly numerate and analytical with strong problem-solving and organisational skills in addition to planning experience.
• Experience of using Planning &/or ERP computer systems is desirable.
• IT skills including MS Excel ideally at ‘advanced level’ is essential.
• Good communication skills with the ability to quickly gain the confidence and credibility of others.
• A self starter with an eye for detail who can work effectively within the team.
Closing date: 24 January 2020
Can’t see the role you want? Register your details with us to be notified when we’re hiring!